As a fleet manager, your task is to maintain the fleet and keep drivers on the road, as time is money. However, ignoring a regular vehicle inspection and preventative maintenance for fleet vehicles can end up costing you more money in the long run in decreased fuel economy and unexpected breakdowns. Driven Auto Care in Fremont, CA handles fleet inspections, preventative maintenance and repairs. We ensure quick turnover of your fleet vehicles to minimize downtime.
Why a Regular Vehicle Inspection is So Important for Fleet Vehicles
Maintaining a profit-reliant fleet necessitates regular inspections, maintenance, and auto repair for several reasons, including:
- Safety: Inspections allow us to identify safety issues before they escalate into problems that cause unexpected breakdowns or accidents. Some issues may initially seem non-hazardous, but if they worsen, they can lead to multiple problems and accidents. For example, a loose exhaust could fall off and cause damage to others on the road.
- Downtime: Preventing unexpected breakdowns that disrupt operations minimizes downtime and keeps fleet vehicles on the road. You can schedule repairs when it’s more convenient. For example, if we see the brakes are getting low but are not quite too low, we can warn you so you can schedule the vehicle for a brake job when it’s a better time and change them before they damage the rotor.
- Preventative Maintenance: Proactive repairs, in general, are more cost-effective than reactive repairs. Vehicle inspections and preventative maintenance find issues before they can become bad enough to damage additional components.
- Compliance: Vehicle inspections may meet any jurisdictional requirements for environmental and safety fleet inspections. We give you a complete vehicle inspection report that you can use for safety and environmental inspections.
- Vehicle Longevity: By ensuring preventative maintenance and routine inspections, vehicle longevity is increased, allowing you to delay replacements and save money.
- Fuel Efficiency: Keeping up with preventative maintenance ensures fleet vehicles stay in top condition, leading to better fuel efficiency. Clogged air filters, old oil, dirty transmission fluid and other issues can all increase fuel usage.
- Customer Satisfaction: When your vehicles are reliable, you can service your customers on time. Regular inspections, preventative maintenance and planned repairs all contribute to on-time deliveries and customer services.
- Resale Value: When you’re ready to sell or trade in a fleet vehicle, you’ll get more for it if you can show it was well taken care of, even if it has high mileage.
- Repair Costs: In most cases, repairs that are ignored get worse and affect other parts. An excellent example is the braking system. Worn-out pads can damage the rotors, cause calipers to overextend, and lead to the collapse of brake hoses.
- Insurance Benefits: Some insurance companies offer discounts to fleet managers who keep their fleet vehicles in safe condition through regular inspections.
- Data-Driven Decisions: The data from inspection reports and maintenance records enable informed decisions regarding vehicle replacement or budget allocation.
We work with fleet managers to schedule vehicles, so not all of your vehicles are in for inspections and maintenance at the same time. We can help create a schedule based on the number of vehicles (drivers) and work with drivers’ schedules to fit as many fleet vehicles in during non-use days.
Keep Your Fleet Moving with Driven Auto Care!
In Fremont, CA, the heartbeat of your business is often the reliability and efficiency of your fleet. At Driven Auto Care, we understand the stakes. From fuel-powered to hybrid and electric vehicles, our expertise covers the entire spectrum.
Don’t let unexpected breakdowns hamper your operations. Prioritize your fleet’s health and ensure your business never skips a beat. With minimal downtime and unparalleled quality, we’re committed to getting your vehicles back on the road faster and keeping them there longer.
Ready to elevate your fleet’s performance? Book your fleet vehicle inspections, preventative maintenance, and repairs with Driven Auto Care today. Call us at (510) 359-4098 or visit us at 40931 Albrae St., Fremont, CA 94538. We’re here to drive your business forward!