Let’s face it: having your vehicle serviced can be inconvenient. It means arranging alternate transportation to and from the workshop and then handling the associated costs. However, at Driven Auto Care in Fremont, CA, we aim to make car maintenance as seamless as possible. Investing in regular upkeep now can prevent more substantial expenses down the line. A well-maintained vehicle is more fuel-efficient and safer. Furthermore, our auto repair technicians conduct inspections to identify and address wear and tear in components such as brakes, steering, suspension, and more.
The Importance of Vehicle Upkeep in Fremont
You have four great reasons to keep up with car maintenance, including:
- Safety: The well-being of you and your loved ones is paramount. Neglecting vehicle maintenance increases the likelihood of malfunctions or accidents. Regular checks of the brakes, tires, suspension, and other essential systems can greatly reduce the risk of unexpected breakdowns.
- Reliability: Nobody wants the nasty surprise of a vehicle that won’t start when there’s an important engagement. Or worse, a car that breaks down mid-journey because of overlooked maintenance, such as an oil change or an unchecked leak.
- Preservation of Value: When you decide to sell your car, consistent maintenance records can bolster its resale value. Buyers prefer vehicles that have been well-kept over those that have been neglected, often willing to pay a premium for the peace of mind.
- Fuel Efficiency: Proper maintenance enhances fuel efficiency. An engine in peak condition operates more smoothly and requires less fuel, which means savings for you.
Car Maintenance Tips from Fremont Auto Experts
Understanding the importance of vehicle maintenance is one thing; practicing it is another. Here are some guidelines to help:
Follow the Owner’s Manual
While it might seem tedious, your owner’s manual contains vital information about your vehicle. It provides a tailor-made maintenance schedule for your specific make and model, advising on oil changes, tune-ups, air filter replacements, and more.
Listen to Your Vehicle
Don’t ignore unusual noises, vibrations, or changes in your car’s performance. Even if others dismiss your concerns, it’s wise to have any anomalies checked. Often, these symptoms serve as early indicators of underlying issues. Addressing them promptly can prevent further damage and save on costs.
Find and Keep a Trusted Auto Repair Tech
There are some mechanics out there who give the profession a bad name. You’ll find nothing but honesty at Driven Auto Care. Our auto technicians are certified and experienced. We do digital vehicle inspections and can send you photos of any problems we find – and explain them to you in layperson’s terms so you don’t have to sift through car jargon.
Always stay up to date on service bulletins and recalls for your vehicle. They can warn you about issues, allowing you to address potential performance and safety problems.
Auto Service Recommendations
- Use this checklist of preventative maintenance to help keep up to date on everything your vehicle needs:
- Oil and oil filter change
- Rotate and balance tires
- Inspect brakes
- Check and top off fluids
- Flush transmission fluid and change the filter
- Flush brake fluid and power steering fluid
- Flush coolant
- Replace the engine and cabin air filters
- Inspect steering and suspension
- Check battery for corrosion, secure connections, and damage
- Replace timing belt or chain